If you have one keyword you want related keywords for, Keyword Planner is a good tool. If you have hundreds of keywords, it isn’t a solution that is workable.
We have optimized the process of getting and sorting related keywords from Google. This is how it is working:
- Choose an Adgroup
- Click “Import words” => “Adwords related words”
- Choose if you want to use the keywords from the adgroup or the keywords you ad yourself
- Click import and wait until Google have sent the related keywords (now is a good time for coffee or doing something else in the tool)
- You can now sort the keywords
This is how you sort:
- Left arrow <= Will add the search term as positive search keyword
- Right arrow => Will add the search term as a negative keyword
- Zero 0: Will add the search term as a paused keyword (so you don’t have to sort the keyword again. It is for keywords you don’t want as positive or negative keywords)
- Arrow up and down: Will change which keyword you sort.
- Space => will bring a Google search for the keyword
It is easy to get new related keywords again, because you only have to sort a keyword once. So you can keep asking for related keywords, until you don’t get any new keywords or/and you can maintain your keywords ex. once a month.
Think responsible and don’t over do it, so you don’t overheat Google’s servers and the world.